If you did not like that beta.sam,
Then say so long, let the door SLAM!
Soon sam.gov begins to serve,
Here’s to hoping it performs with much more verve…
Your favorite Government agency – the General Services Agency (GSA) – is finally merging your favorite two websites (beta.sam.gov) and (www.sam.gov) into one platform for all your Government contracting needs.
Effective on May 24th, 2021, both sites will merge (without difficulty, we are sure…) accomplishing the next step in a multi-year consolidation of several Government information / transaction websites such as:
- Central Contractor Registry (CCR) – now closed
- Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS) – now merged
- Federal Business Opportunities (FBO.gov) – now closed
- Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) – soon to merge
- Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (ESRS) – soon to merge
- Wage Determination Online (WDOL) – soon to merge
And, just because they can, GSA is also releasing a revamped www.sam.gov website on April 26th, 2021.
If you are curious to see how things will look before the release date – here is a link to a pre-release guide available from the Federal Service Desk (yes, it is another GSA website):
For many of these websites, if you want to access certain features, you may need credentials issued by Login.gov – also a GSA website. You can sign up at www.Login.gov.
Of course, as a current Government contractor, you likely have already done so.