Are You Preparing for SDI-NG2?
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has an ongoing requirement for software development and integration professional IT services.
Software Development and Integration – Next Generation 2 (SDI-NG2) is the USPTO’s $1.7B follow-on contract for software development and integration services for Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products with customized software applications, database applications, and other solutions.
USPTO’s IT vision is to transform the agency with next generation technology and services:
- Program Management
- System and Software Development
- Architecture and Design
- Unit, Integration, and Regression Test
- Configuration and Release Management
- Bug Triage
- Production Support
- User Experience Design
Successful contractors will be experienced in DevOps, Agile, User-Centered Design, Scrum, Kanban, and Scrumban methodologies.
As of June 2016, the current SDI-NG vehicle had issued 500+ Task Orders since 2011 ranging in value from $10K to $53M, with about 550 FTEs performing the work.
According to Deltek and the Contracting Office, this follow-on NG2 IDIQ is anticipated to include Full and Open and Small Business Set-Aside tracks. The Draft RFP, originally scheduled for release in August 2017, is still in review. Other sources indicate a release in December 2017.
Now is the time to be active in Capture and Pre-Proposal activities
- Compile a list of Government ‘hot buttons’
- Draft an ‘Understanding’ of the new contract
- Draft a ‘Why us?’ for SDI-NG2
- Identify your relevant Past Performance, including confirming CPARS
- Begin solutioning against the requirements
- Draft a strawman outline
- Compile customer testimonials
- Develop your Go/No Go analysis
We can help with these activities, and assist in preparing a winning proposal. We know what Source Selection Boards look for and we know how to convey your value-added benefits in simple, convincing language to optimize your score and win.
Our experienced Proposal Teams – Managers, Writers, Color Reviewers – have helped clients win billions of dollars in Federal Government contracts. Our partners and key consultants include current Federal Government Proposal Management Specialists and former …
- Brigadier Generals,
- Source Selection Board Members,
- Contracting Officers,
- DoD Program Managers,
- Government Contractor Program Managers,
- Company Presidents and CEOs, and
- Engineering Directors.