Paul McTaggart, PE, PMP
http://endsdhi.com/18669-dtf37006-comment-faire-rencontre.html Paul McTaggart comes to ClientView following a successful career in technology and product development. He has a long history of successfully leading technical organizations – particularly scientists and engineers developing products that incorporate advanced technology for the US military. Before founding Bay State Research, Paul held several executive level positions heading divisions and departments for both commercial and defense companies.
- Systems Engineering
- Program Management
- Product Development
- Technology Development
- Defense Programs
- Engineering Management
- Business Development
- Energy Technologies
Significant Client Achievements
- Directed the development of many winning proposals for products incorporating advanced technologies
- Established and implemented new system engineering organizations
- Troubleshot programs and corrected program management problems
- Identified promising new technologies for transition to new products
- Streamlined the product development process for engineering organizations
- Established training programs / university consortium
- Department of the Army (including TACOM, CECOM, ARL)
- Department of the Air Force (including AFRL, HSD)
- Department of the Navy (including NRL, NAVAIR, NUWC)
- US Marine Corps
- US Special Operations Command
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Multiple Major US Prime Contractors
- Founder of Bay State Research, Inc, a consulting company that provides technical and business expertise in the energy and defense fields
- Director of Engineering for the Land Systems Division of QinetiQ North America
- Director of Government Programs for Boston-Power, a developer and producer of advanced lithium-ion batteries
- Director of System Engineering for Textron Defense Systems
- Director of Military Systems for Arthur D. Little (later TIAX LLC) a Technology and Innovation Company
More about Paul
As Director of Engineering for the Land Systems Division of QinetiQ, Paul led an organization of approximately 100 engineers and scientists in developing a wide range of defense products for the US military, including unmanned systems (robots), armored vehicles, RPG defeat protection, and sniper detection systems. He led a highly successful effort to streamline the design and development processes and implemented an innovative training program for the division. In addition, he led efforts to identify R&D projects for company Internal Research and Development with the potential to become new product offerings, and then worked with teams to transition them to production.
As Director of Government Programs for Boston Power, Inc, Paul was responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing all government business for their advanced lithium-ion batteries product line. He developed and implemented a business plan to secure funding for lithium-ion cells in the government sector. He established cooperative agreements with Army, Navy, NASA, Raytheon, GD, and many others to evaluate Boston-Power cells for hybrid applications. These efforts resulted in new program awards from NASA, Navy, Army Research Laboratory (ARL), as well as several commercial clients.
As Director of the Systems Engineering Department at Textron, Paul led a group of about 40 engineers of multiple disciplines responsible for the system design, software development, systems analysis, test and evaluation for advanced sensor, laser, communications, and munitions product lines for the US Army. He led an effort to Implement CMMI at the Textron facility and implemented an innovative Master of Science program in Systems Engineering at Textron in conjunction with Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
As Director of Systems Engineering for Arthur D. Little (later TIAX) Paul secured funding and directed the development of many advanced technology systems in the defense and alternative energy fields. Programs included: fuel cells, wind energy, advanced power generation, aviation ground support, environmental control systems, medical products, chemical defense, and hybrid vehicles. Paul was recognized as a top resource in the company for his program management skills, with a track record of completing programs on-time, on-budget, with extremely satisfied clients. He directed and consistently won proposal efforts to Air Force, Army, Navy, DARPA, and DOE.
use this link Education
Paul is a graduate of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Rhode Island (URI).
Paul is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He is also an American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE).